This Policy only applies to information we collect from your use of the App and not information we may collect in other contexts. Please note that, if you are beta-testing our sleep device (“Device”), the information that we collect through the Device is governed by the Device’s Data Collection Policy, a copy of which can be found here.
Information We Collect and Maintain About You
We collect information from you directly when you provide it to us through the App. We may also collect information about you from third parties pursuant to your permission or consent. We further automatically collect certain information about you and your smartphone or other device when you use, access, or interact with our App.
Personal information provided directly by you. We collect personal information from users who create an account within the App (“App Users”). We may collect the following categories of information from App Users:
- Name, email, and password
- Location information, such as your city or country
- Contact information, such as email address or phone number
- Self-reported information about your sleep habits, such as what time you go to bed and what time you get out of bed.
Server logs. Server logs automatically record information and details about your online interactions with us. For example, server logs may record information about your visit to our App on a particular time and day and collect information such as your device ID.
Pixel tags. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon, clear GIF, pixel, or tag) is an image or a small string of code that may be placed in an advertisement or email. It allows companies to set or read cookies or transfer information to their servers when you load a webpage or interact with online content. For example, we or our service providers may use pixel tags to determine whether you have interacted with a specific part of our App, viewed a particular advertisement, or opened a specific email.
Third-party online tracking. We also may partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the personal and other information described in this section. For example, we may allow third parties to set pixels and mobile advertising IDs through the App. This information may be used for a variety of purposes, including App analytics and interest-based advertising, as discussed below (see the section entitled “With Whom and Why We Share Your Information”).
Aggregated or deidentified information. We may also share aggregated or deidentified information about users of the App, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the App. Such aggregated or deidentified information will not identify you personally.
How We Use Your Information
The purposes for which we use your information include to:
- Provide you with our services;
- Respond to your questions or requests concerning the App;
- Fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us;
- Fulfill your requests for our App or otherwise complete a transaction that you initiate;
- Send you information about our App and other topics that are likely to be of interest to you, including newsletters, updates, or other communications, including promotional emails;
- Improve our artificial intelligence and machine learning;
- Deliver confirmations, account information, notifications, and similar operational communications;
- Improve your user experience and the quality of our products and services;
- Comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements;
- Aggregate and deidentify information;
- Analyze how visitors use the App and various App features, including to count and recognize visitors to the App;
- Create new products and services; and
- Manage our business.
We may link information gathered through the App with information that we collect in other contexts. In that event, we will handle the combined information in a manner consistent with this Policy.
With Whom and Why We Share Your Information
We share your information with third parties for a variety of purposes, as described below.
Research partners. We may share deidentified and aggregated data with universities and other research partners to evaluate the efficacy of our products and to assist these organizations in learning more about specific health conditions.
Third-party service providers. Koko Home uses third-party service providers that perform App on our behalf, including web-hosting companies, and mailing vendors. These service providers may collect and/or use your information, including information that identifies you personally, to assist us in achieving the purposes discussed above.
We may also share your information with third parties when necessary to fulfill your requests for App; to complete a transaction that you initiate; to meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our partners; or to manage our business.
Analytics. We partner with certain third parties to obtain the automatically collected information discussed above and to engage in analysis, auditing, research, and reporting. These third parties may use pixels or server logs, and they may set and access device IDs from your device.
Legal purposes. We also may use or share your information with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal process;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- To facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
If you wish to access, correct, or delete the personal information we have on file, you may contact us at email@example.com.
If you wish to opt-out of marketing emails you receive from us, you may do so by following the instructions in those emails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We employ physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the personal information we collect online. However, no mobile app is 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the App or to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
We retain personal information about you necessary to fulfill the purpose for which that information was collected or as required or permitted by law. We do not retain personal information longer than is necessary for us to achieve the purposes for which we collected it. When we destroy your personal information, we do so in a way that prevents that information from being restored or reconstructed.
The information that we collect through or in connection with the App is transferred to and processed in the United States for the purposes described above. We may also subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, affiliates or third parties in the United States or countries other than your country of residence. The data-protection laws in these countries may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. By using the App or by providing any information to us, you expressly consent to such transfer and processing.
Content on this App is directed at individuals over the age of 18 and is not directed at children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
Changes to this Policy
We may make changes to the App in the future and as a consequence will need to revise this Policy to reflect those changes. We will post all such changes on the App, so you should review this page periodically.
How to Contact Us
Should you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, you can contact us at by email at email@example.com.